What is Management?
Management is the process of getting activities completed efficiently and effectively with, and through, other people. Planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating, reporting, and budgeting are all key factors and aspects of the overall function of an organization’s management. The Rucks Department of Management creates and disseminates knowledge about how managers leverage resources – especially human resources – to achieve organizational goals.
Opportunities in Management
Areas: Office Systems, Operations, Personnel, Production, Quality Control
Employers: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Industrial/Labor Relations, International Management
BS in Management
The bachelor of science in management is a 120-hour program with several learning objectives for students:
- Evaluate a firm’s competitive environment.
- Evaluate a firm’s resources and capabilities.
- Identify important managerial issues.
- Address issues of implementation.
- Communicate managerial issues and arguments effectively.
Admission to the curriculum in the William W. and Catherine M. Rucks Department of Management requires that a student be admissible to the E. J. Ourso College of Business and meet the following GPA requirements at the time of application for admission:
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- A minimum 2.5 LSU GPA
- A minimum 2.5 business GPA
- A minimum 2.5 LSU business GPA