The program offers the PhD in comparative literature. Required courses include:
- History of Literary Criticism: From Antiquity to the Enlightenment–CPLT 7010
- Modern Literary Criticism and Theory–CPLT 7020
- Topics in Theory of Criticism–CPLT 7120
- Topics in Comparative Literature–CPLT 7130
- Topics in the Interdisciplinary Study of Literature–CPLT 7140
The program also offers a graduate minor in comparative literature, which requires 12 hours of CPLT courses and satisfaction of the language requirement.