Beginning Fall 2015, LSU students interested in attending LSU’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center may take advantage of an exciting new initiative called the 3+3 Pre-Law Program housed within the College of Humanities & Social Sciences. Undergraduate students who pursue majors available in this program would complete all of their major coursework, General Education requirements, and college requirements in their first three years of enrollment, saving 32 hours of elective coursework for their senior year. During their final year of undergraduate studies and pending acceptance by the LSU Law Center, the student would enroll at the Law Center in the required first year law coursework. The courses successfully completed in the first year of law school transfer back to complete the requirements of the undergraduate bachelor’s degree. The student would graduate with their bachelor’s degree during the summer following the completion of the first year law coursework. The student would then complete the final two years of the required law curriculum, thereby finishing a four-year bachelor’s degree and a three-year law degree in six years rather than the typical seven. In addition, Louisiana students eligible for the TOPS scholarship could use their TOPS award toward their first year of law school enrollment as long as semesters of eligibility remain.
To participate in the 3+3 Pre-Law program, students would have to be highly motivated in order to successfully complete their undergraduate major coursework in three years instead of four years. In addition, they would prepare for law school admission (i.e., complete the LSAT, complete the admission process, etc.) one year earlier than the traditional student who plans to enter law school. Participation in the 3+3 Pre-Law Program would not guarantee that the student would be admitted to the LSU Law Center.
To facilitate a successful transition through the 3+3 Pre-Law Program, interested students should seek out guidance from the LSU Pre-Law Advisor in the College of Humanities & Social Sciences.
For additional information, visit www.lsu.edu/prelaw.
ProgramsBachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
- Anthropology, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Communication Studies, B.A (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- English, B.A.: Rhetoric, Writing and Culture Concentration (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- French, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Geography, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- History, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- International Studies, B.A.: Global Diplomacy Concentration (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Liberal Arts, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Philosophy, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Political Science, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Sociology, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)
- Spanish, B.A. (3+3 Pre-Law Program)