For information regarding the GRADUATE PROGRAM, click here.
What is Marketing?
Marketing is an organizational function and a set of processes that performs customer needs analysis, executes product/services design, devises branding strategy, establishes pricing, accomplishes promotion, and creates a distribution system while maintaining a competitive advantage. The Department of Marketing educates and prepares students for each of these functions by stressing “hands-on” learning in their courses, which utilize real-world or simulated real-world projects.
Opportunities in Marketing
Areas: Advertising, Brand/Product Management, Planning/Research, Retailing, Sales/Management
Employers: Consumer Product Companies, Financial Institutions, Insurance Agencies, Manufacturers, Pharmaceutical Companies, Retail Establishments, Service Industries
B.S. in Marketing
The bachelor of science in marketing is a 120-hour degree program with several learning objectives for students:
- Demonstrate an understanding of market segmentation and targeting
- Demonstrate an understanding of consumer behavior
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing research and ethical considerations in marketing
- Demonstrate an understanding of relationship management
- Demonstrate an understanding of strategic planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of global marketing
Refer to the E. J. Ourso College section for admission requirements.